Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The truth hurts sometimes and what this sociologist explained to us and showed us was the ugly truth. The first thing that really got me to be all in and really try to understand what he was saying is when he set us up by putting us in a difficult situation with our coal and china. Granted that never really happened so we don’t know exactly what it was like. But it made you think about how you would feel if that really did happen. Secondly, he started hitting us with the ugly truth about what is really going on with are military and how what we see might not always be exactly how it is. There are always 2 different sides to a story and sometimes you need to see the other side to truly understand what is going on. He showed the “rebellious” people from over there that tried to kill our soldiers. If you would of showed me that picture before that video it would of gave me a way different feeling than it did after he explained what the “honest” truth was. The thing that really got under my skin is how to them it looks like some religious war. Because looking at America while living here religion is really something that isn’t as big as a factor anymore. No war we fight is truly over religion. The way they are seeing it is wrong and honestly the way that we are seeing it is also wrong. That’s never a good thing. I see myself fitting into the big picture of society by contributing and trying to better myself every single day. I want to make the best out of myself and try to positively effect everyone that is around me. Too many people in this day and age are content and don’t have goals but I’m going to maximize my potential as a person in my lifetime.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, hopefully by maximizing your own self you will rub off on others who come in contact with you. Pretty simple concept really but one our society lacks. GOALSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete